Come join us in commemorating the fallen through six (6) hero workouts of the day (WODs) where anyone of any fitness level is encouraged to participate! Event details and registration are found below.
- Each of the six (6) workouts were adapted from the death dates of the fallen who are part of our virtual memorial. Each year, we will rotate whose names we will use for the workouts in order to continue to increase awareness of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
- This will be a four (4) person team event where two (2) participants must be male and the other two (2) must be female.
- You are able (and encouraged) to come up with a creative team name. However, we may change it at any time if we find that it is vulgar, degrading, or offensive to our organization or anyone we support.
- There will be an Rx and Scaled division. Workout details will be posted in the near future.
To commemorate the fallen families tied to The Ohio State University, raise awareness for those affected by war, and raise money for The Living Legacy Scholarship.
21 April 2018 from 8am to 8pm
- Fred Beekman Park (2200 Carmack Rd, Columbus, OH 43210)
- Plan to arrive on the day of at no later than 7:30am to check in, which will be at a tent located near the Volleyball Shelter of the park.
- University parking lots are available south of the park on the south side of Carmack Road. Two foot bridges across Carmack Road are available to access the park.
- Workout listing coming soon!
- The six workouts will take place at 8:00am, 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm, 4:00pm, and 6:00pm. At the conclusion of the last workout, participants may run in the Remembrance 5K if they wish to do so.
- Teams must consist of 2 females and 2 males.
- Every person of each registered team may participate in the Remembrance 5K for FREE.
- Previous 1DK shirts will be given out while supplies last.
- Many amenities will be available throughout the duration of the event at no additional cost, such as a medical tent, food and drink, and music.