1 Day for the K.I.A. 12HR Run
Our primary fundraiser for the Living Legacy Scholarship is the 1 Day for the K.I.A. 12 Hour Endurance Run. Held in April of each year, it is a 12 Hour Endurance Run in that runners have exactly 12 hours to cover as many miles/laps as they can around a short course. As a tribute to the 920+ OSU alumni and others who have made the ultimate sacrifice, we outline our course with nearly 1,000 remembrance icons, each with the name of a fallen service member.
Runners have exactly 12 hours to cover as many miles as they can. They are allowed to sleep, eat, leave and come back, and even flat out stop running whenever they want to–whatever they want to to get the furthest mileage possible. Due to the rules and structure of this type of run, it simply tests one thing: How far can you push yourself?
One of our premiere fundraising methods is our Sponsored Runner Team. Before the run, these handful of runners will secure "sponsorships" from friends, family, and anyone who may want to contribute to the cause. By "sponsoring" a runner, these donors are agreeing to donate a specified amount per mile their runner covers in the 12 hours. With this setup, each literal step forward made by our Sponsored Runners is symbolic of the pain they are willing to endure and their desire to bring positive change upon our deserving families.
Thanks to the generous contributions of others and the all volunteer aspect of our team members, 100% of the funds raised through:
- Sponsored Runner Sponsorships
- Corporate Sponsorships
- Day of Race Donations
- Scholarship Specific Donations
go toward our Living Legacy Scholarship endowment fund. Race registration fees are traditionally attributed to race and organization operational funds.
To commemorate the fallen families tied to The Ohio State University, raise awareness for those affected by war, and raise money for The Living Legacy Scholarship.
21 April 2018 from 8am to 8pm
- Fred Beekman Park (2200 Carmack Rd, Columbus, OH 43210)
- Plan to arrive on the day of at no later than 7:30am to check in, which will be at a tent located near the Volleyball Shelter of the park.
- University parking lots are available south of the park on the south side of Carmack Road. Two foot bridges across Carmack Road are available to access the park.
- Registration has closed, but day-of registration will be available at the Volleyball Shelter.
- Runners will be provided with a running bib, remembrance bracelet, and 1DK shirt.
- Many amenities will be available throughout the duration of the event at no additional cost, such as a medical tent, food and drink, and music.